MINUTES OF PEOTONE PARK DISTRICT REGULAR BOARD MEETING NOVEMBER 10, 2020
- ROLL CALL
Park District meeting called to order at 7:16pm. Due to Covid19 restrictions, meeting also held virtually on Zoom. Present were Wade Callahan, Barbara Sim, Jacklyn Van Overmeiren, Shaun Ziems. Via Zoom Lindsey Schwiesow. Also, present Kim Stroud, Park Manager, Jeff Eschbach, Park maintenance.
- APPROVAL OR CORRECTIONS TO MINUTES OF OCTOBER 13, 2020 REGULAR MEETING
Motion to approve minutes from October 13, 2020 Park District Board Meeting by Shaun Ziems, seconded by Jackie Van Overmeiren. Roll call: Shaun Ziems yes, Jackie Van Overmeiren yes, Wade Callahan yes, Lindsey Schwiesow yes, Barbara Sim yes. Motion passed 5/0/0.
- PUBLIC COMMENTS AND/OR QUESTIONS None.
- ACCOUNTS PAYABLE AND PAYROLL Motion to approve accounts payable and payroll as presented by Barbara Sim, seconded by Shaun Ziems. Roll call: Barbara Sim yes, Shaun Ziems yes, Wade Callahan yes, Lindsey Schwiesow yes, Jackie Van Overmeiren yes. Motion passed 5/0/0. Barb asked Kim to total bills on report going forward.
- FINANCIAL REPORT – see attached reports.
- COMPLIANCE/LEGAL REPORT–none.
- MAINTENANCE REPORT –Outside water will be turned off next week. Waiting on supplies for repairs to skatepark. Supplies have shipped, should receive next week. Jeff has begun winterizing equipment. Still waiting to receive the correct billing for garbage can lids. Porto-potties have been picked up from park. Lights on basketball/tennis & skate park will be turned off from December 1 through February 28. If weather permits, they will be turned on at Jeff’s discretion. Seesaw donation will be installed in Park on West St.
- REC CARE – None.
- MANAGERS REPORT –Art in The Park will be virtual event. Participants will pick up craft items and take home to complete. Jennifer will video instructions
Discussion on number of people to be in the building. Board will wait until 11.11.20 to see Governor’s order regarding COVID-19 restrictions. Board consensus to suspend rentals until further notice.
Daddy-Daughter Dance tentatively move date to June or later in the year. Maybe outdoor event. Kim will continue to make plans for mid-spring to June.
- OLD BUSINESS
- NEW PROGRAMS – None at this time.
- CAPITAL IMPROVEMENTS – None at this time.
- AUTHORIZE REPAIRS/UPGRADES TO PARK FACILITIES – No action.
- AUTHORIZE REPAIRS/UPGRADES TO PARK EQUIPMENT – No action.
- ADOPT ORDINANCE ANNEXING CERTAIN PROPERTIES INTO PARK DISTRICT – Tabled. Wade is working with Donna Werner at Village of Peotone to receive copies of maps and recorded documents. Properties of 12 or less acres and greater than 80 acres require different paperwork and public notice. Special meeting will be called to approve at a later date.
- UPDATE ON EMPLOYEE HANDBOOK/PERSONNEL POLICY – Discussion on handbook. Lindsey and Shaun will develop initial draft.
- NEW BUSINESS
- ADOPT 2021 REGULAR MEETING SCHEDULE– Motion to approve 2021 Regular Meeting Schedule by Jacki Van Overmeiren, seconded by Barbara Sim. Roll call: Jacki Van Overmeiren yes, Barbara Sim yes, Wade Callahan yes, Lindsey Schwiesow yes, Shaun Ziems yes. Motion passed 5/0/0. Kim to post for public notification.
- CORRESPONDENCE/COMMUNICATION/PETITIONS – The head of village Water Department is retiring end of December, 2020. Wade was asked if the Park building could be used for retirement party. Would be less than 25 people and would be a BYOB event. No formal request has been made by the Village and no clarification if it is an official event. Discussion on whether to allow BYOB and whether to charge Village rental fee for event.
Consensus is to allow BYOB.
Majority consensus to allow event, but not unanimous agreement from all, as Board voted to suspend rentals earlier in the meeting. Wade will respond to request to see if it is an official Village request.
- ADJOURNMENT – Motion to adjourn by Jacki Van Overmeiren, seconded by Barbara Sim. Roll call: Jacki Van Overmeiren yes, Barbara Sim yes, Wade Callahan yes, Lindsey Schwiesow yes, Shaun Ziems yes. Meeting adjourned at 8:42 pm.
Barbara Sim, Board Secretary