MINUTES OF PEOTONE PARK DISTRICT REGULAR BOARD MEETING DECEMBER 8, 2020
- ROLL CALL
Park District meeting called to order at 7:01pm. Due to Covid19 restrictions, meeting also held virtually on Zoom. Present were Shaun Ziems in person. Present via Zoom Lindsey Schwiesow, Barbara Sim. Also present via Zoom Kim Stroud, Park Manager. Present in person Jeff Eschbach, Park Maintenance. Absent Wade Callahan and Jacklyn Van Overmeiren.
- APPROVAL OR CORRECTIONS TO MINUTES OF NOVEMBER 10, 2020 REGULAR MEETING
Motion to approve minutes from November 10, 2020 Park District Board Meeting by Shaun Ziems, seconded by Lindsey Schwiesow. Roll call: Shaun Ziems yes, Lindsey Schwiesow yes, Barbara Sim yes. Motion passed 3/0.
- APPROVAL OR CORRECTIONS TO MINUTES OF NOVEMBER 20, 2020 SPECIAL MEETING
Motion to approve minutes from November 20, 2020 Park District Board Special Meeting by Shaun Ziems, seconded by Lindsey Schwiesow. Roll call: Shaun Ziems yes, Lindsey Schwiesow yes, Barbara Sim yes. Motion passed 3/0.
- PUBLIC COMMENTS AND/OR QUESTIONS None.
- ACCOUNTS PAYABLE AND PAYROLL Motion to approve accounts payable and payroll as presented by Shaun Ziems, seconded by Lindsey Schwiesow. Roll call: Shaun Ziems yes, Lindsey Schwiesow yes, Barbara Sim yes. Motion passed 3/0
- FINANCIAL REPORT – see attached reports. Noted that some checks have been re-issued due to vendors not receiving those previously sent out. Kim has made corrections in QuickBooks and will watch to be sure double payments are not issued.
- COMPLIANCE/LEGAL REPORT–none.
- MAINTENANCE REPORT –Skatepark improvements are completed. Jeff received help from the kids that use it. Picnic table that is currently in the Skatepark to be removed as it could be a safety issue. The new playground equipment should be in by end of year. Trash can lids are still being dealt with. Ordered 15, received 10 and not all fit properly. Kim has been calling company to get correct replacements. With the weather changing, Jeff will begin to focus on inside jobs. Mice have gotten into the building and traps are being set. Jeff will check exterior of the building to plug any visible entrances.
- REC CARE – None a this time due to COVID 19 restrictions.
- MANAGERS REPORT –Art in The Park has received moderate participation. Lighted parade to be held on the Will County Fairgrounds. Jeff will decorate the tractor for the event. QuickBooks annual fee is due 12/23/20 $474.00. Kim will pay when due. Kim suggested a QuickBooks on-line course. Suggestion to contact IL Parks Association to see if they have a course as well. Barb will still look into bookkeeping services. PBSA has asked Kim about the equipment in the storage areas, whether it belongs to school, PBSA or Park. She will have them go through it and inventory what no one claims. Then decide whether it can be sold, donated or thrown away.
- OLD BUSINESS
- NEW PROGRAMS – Kim has been working with other Park managers on ideas for virtual events. She will try to have an ugly sweater and house decorating event on the Park Facebook page and website. Kim has also seen a way to involve the community in a “Kiss” in February. For a fee, signage would be given to a recipient or “Kissed”. More info to follow.
- CAPITAL IMPROVEMENTS – None at this time.
- AUTHORIZE REPAIRS/UPGRADES TO PARK FACILITIES – No action.
- AUTHORIZE REPAIRS/UPGRADES TO PARK EQUIPMENT – No action.
- NEW BUSINESS
- ADOPT EMPLOYEE HANDBOOK/PERSONNEL POLICY– tabled.
- APPROVE AND AUTHORIZE FILING ANNUAL FINANCIAL REPORT– tabled.
- APPROVE AND PUBLISH PUBLIC FUNDS STATEMENT -tabled
- ADOPT LEVY ORDINANCE FOR CURRENT FISCAL YEAR– tabled.
- AUTHORIZE RECURRING PUBLICATION WITH VEDETTE – tabled. Need further information.
- CORRESPONDENCE/COMMUNICATION/PETITIONS – None.
Motion to go into Executive Session by Shaun Ziems, seconded by Barbara Sim 8:03 pm. Roll call: Shaun Ziems yes, Barbara Sim yes, Lindsey Schwiesow yes. Motion passed.
Motion to reconvene regular Board Meeting by Shaun Ziems, seconded by Lindsey Schwiesow. 9:03 pm. Roll call: Shaun Ziems yes, Lindsey Schwiesow yes, Barbara Sim yes. Motion passed.
- ADJOURNMENT – Motion to adjourn by Shaun Ziems, seconded by Barbara Sim. Roll call: Shaun Ziems yes, Barbara Sim yes, Lindsey Schwiesow yes. Motion passed 3/0. Meeting adjourned at 9:04 pm.
Barbara Sim, Board Secretary