MINUTES OF PEOTONE PARK DISTRICT BOARD MEETING JANUARY 4TH 2022
1. ROLL CALL: Park District meeting called to order at 7:00 pm via zoom. Present Barbara Sim, Shaun Ziems, Lindsey Schwiesow, and Jacklyn Van Overmeiren. Also present, Kelly LaMore Park Manager.
2. APPROVAL OR CORRECTIONS TO MINUTES OF December 7th 2021 PEOTONE PARK DISTRICT BOARD MEETING: Motion to approve minutes from December 7th 2021 Park District Board Meeting by Shaun Ziems, seconded by Barb Sim. Roll call: Shaun Ziems yes, Barb Sim yes, Lindsey Schwiesow yes, Jacklyn Van Overmeiren. Motion passed 4/0.
3. PUBLIC COMMENTS AND/OR QUESTIONS None.
A. FINANCIAL REPORT – See attached reports.
C. MAINTENANCE REPORT –Kitchen remodel in progress
D. REC CARE – See Attached
E. MANAGERS REPORT – See Attached
5. ACCOUNTS PAYABLE AND PAYROLL Motion to approve accounts payable and payroll as presented by Shaun Ziems, second by Barb Sim. Shaun Ziems yes, Barb Sim yes, Lindsey Schwiesow yes, Jacklyn Van Overmeiren yes. Motion passes 4/0
6 . OLD BUSINESS
A. NEW PROGRAMS Tabled
B. CAPITAL IMPROVEMENTS -Discussion about sled hill interest/need volunteer engineer
C. AUTHORIZE REPAIRS/UPGRADES TO PARK FACILITIES Tabled
D. AUTHORIZE REPAIRS/UPGRADES TO PARK EQUIPMENT Tabled
7. NEW BUSINESS
A. APPROVAL OF RENTAL/USAGE AGREEMENT WITH PBSA (PEOTONE BASEBALL SOFTBALL ASSOCIATION) FOR 2022 Motion to approve by Jacklyn Van Overmeiren, seconded by Shaun Ziems, Jacklyn Van Overmeiren yes, Shaun Ziems yes, Barb sim yes, Lindsey Schwiesow yes. Motion passes 4/0.
B. UPDATES TO PARK EMPLOYEE HANDBOOK-The PTO for new employees will read ½ day is earned after the initial 45 days of employment, with a maximum earned of 5 days per year. Motion to approve change as stated by Barb Sim, seconded by Lindsey Schwiesow, Barb Sim yes, Lindsey Schwiesow yes, Jacklyn Van Overmeiren yes, Shaun Ziems yes, Motion passes 4/0.
C. SCHEDULING ANNUAL EMPLOYEE REVIEWS-Discussion held on holding annual employee reviews in February/March
8. CORRESPONDENCE/COMMUNICATIONS/PETITIONS- None
9. ADJOURNMENT – Motion to adjourn by Shaun Ziems, seconded by Barb Sim, Shaun Ziems yes, Barb sim yes, Jacklyn Van Overmeiren yes, Lindsey Schwiesow yes. Motion passes 4/0.
Meeting adjourned at 7:54 PM
Lindsey Schwiesow, Board Secretary