2022.08.16 Meeting Minutes
MINUTES OF PEOTONE PARK DISTRICT BOARD MEETIING OF AUGUST 16, 2022
1. ROLL CALL: Park District meeting called to order at 7:05PM. Present were Shaun Ziems, Lindsey Schwiesow, Aimee Saari, Jacklyn Van Overmeiren, Barbara Sim. Also present Kelly LaMore Park Manager and Jeff Eschbach Maintenance Manager.
2. APPROVAL OR CORRECTIONS TO MINUTES OF JULY 19 2022 PEOTONE PARK DISTRICT SPECIAL BOARD MEETING –Tabled
3. APPROVAL OR CORRECTIONS TO MINUTES OF JULY 19 2022 PEOTONE PARK DISTRICT BOARD MEETING: Motion to approve with corrections byJacklyn Van Overmeiren, Seconded by Aimee Saari. Jacklyn Van Overmeiren yes, Aimee Saari yes, Shaun Ziems yes, Barb Sim yes, Lindsey Schwiesow yes. Motion passes 5/0
4. PUBLIC COMMENT AND/OR QUESTIONS: None
5. PRESENTATION TO EAGLE SCOUT BYRON OLSEN FOR COMMUNITY GARDEN-The Peotone Park District Board members presented Byron Olsen with a plaque for the Community Garden project.
A. FINANCIAL REPORT – Attached
B. COMPLIANCE/LEGAL-Brett Hitchins from the Will county Clerks office will be assisting us in getting numbers late August for the Tax Levy.
C. MAINTENANCE REPORT – Attached
D. MANAGERS REPORT – See Attached
7. ACCOUNTS PAYABLE AND PAYROLL Motion to approve accounts payable and payroll byJacklyn Van Overmeiren, Seconded by Shaun Ziems. Jacklyn Van Overmeiren yes, Shaun Ziems yes, Barb Sim yes, Aimee Saari yes, Lindsey Schwiesow yes. Motion passes 5/0
8 . OLD BUSINESS
A. NEW PROGRAMS -Tabled
B. CAPITAL IMPROVEMENTS Tabled
C. AUTHORIZE REPAIRS/UPGRADES TO PARK FACILITIES – Tabled
D. AUTHORIZE REPAIRS/UPGRADES TO PARK EQUIPMENT Tabled
9. NEW BUSINESS
A. 2023 MEETING SCHEDULE-Tabled
8. CORRESPONDENCE/COMMUNICATIONS/PETITIONS- None
9. COMMISSIONERS REMARKS– Lindsey Schwiesow explained she was asked by Jill Schroeder (previous Peotone chair for MYSA) asking on behalf of MYSA for their Goals back to be used on the high school property for practice. It was relayed to Lindsey Schwiesow from Barb Sim (longtime board member) that years ago MYSA gifted the park with soccer goals. Those that were not gifted but were on park property, were indeed returned to MYSA. Those gifted to the park will remain in the park’s possession.
10. ADJOURNMENT – Motion to adjourn byJacklyn Van Overmeiren, seconded by Shaun Ziems, Jacklyn Van Overmeiren yes, Shaun Ziems yes, Barb Sim yes, Aimee Saari yes, Lindsey Schwiesow yes. Motion passes 5/0
Meeting adjourned at 8:23 PM
Lindsey Schwiesow, Board Secretary