2023.06.13 Meeting Minutes
Peotone Park District
Tuesday, June 13, 2023
Board Members Present – Barb Sim, Shaun Ziems, Jackie VanOvermeiren, Lindsay Schwiesow, Aimee Saari
Staff Present – Kelly LaMore, Jeff Eschbach
The meeting was called to order by President Sim at 6:00 p.m. Quorum was present.
Motion to approve minutes of the May 23rd special meeting by Schwiesow, second by Ziems.
Roll call vote – Schwiesow – yes, Ziems – yes, VanOvermeiren – yes, Saari – yes, Sim – yes.
Correction to May 23 board meeting minutes, LaMore was not present.
Motion to approve the corrected minutes of the May 23rd board meeting by Ziems, second by Saari.
Public Comment – No public comment.
Financial Report – President Sim reported on the upcoming completion of the annual financial report. Discussion was held on interest collected from the new account.
Compliance Legal – Nothing at this time.
Maintenance Report – Jeff updated the board on several projects including improvements to the sand volleyball courts and the possible addition of solar lights to the new park signs. The board suggested spending up to $1500 on lighting.
Managers Report – Kelly reported on the LWSRA agreement, a field walk through with Steve Strough, and landscaping for the new signs. The board questioned the quotes for landscaping and suggested other landscaping companies for quotes. Discussion was held on programming and good summer numbers.
Accounts Payable and Payroll – President Sim reported that the accounts are up to date. There was one payment to her for part of the pickleball equipment that was ordered from Amazon, and $3,635.19 was transferred for the volleyball standards.
Old Business –
- New Programs – No report
- Capital Improvements – No report
- Authorize Repairs/upgrades to park facilities – Discussion held on resurfacing of the basketball courts.
- Authorize repairs/upgrades to park equipment – no report
New Business –
- Approval of Resolution 23-02 of Extension of the Intergovernmental Agreement with the Lincolnway Special Recreation Association.
Motion to approve by Sim, 2nd by Ziems. Roll call vote – Schwiesow – yes, Ziems – yes, VanOvermeiren – yes, Saari – yes, Sim – yes.
- Bate Park Agreement with Aqua Illinois – Tabled
- Approval of improvements to maintenance yard.
Motion to approve $2300 towards supplies to enclose the back maintenance yard by Sim, 2nd by Ziems.
Roll call vote – Schwiesow – yes, Ziems – yes, VanOvermeiren – yes, Saari – yes, Sim – yes. Motion carried.
- Changes to Commemorative Tree Program – Discussion held on timeline for replacement of trees. Manager to add one year tree replacement to materials. We will replace current deceased tree. Discussion held on plaque wording. No changes at this time.
- Changes to Park District Website – Discussion held on adding information about the park artwork. Kelly stated the dropdown is ready to go as soon as we have artwork information. Barb would like to create a QR code. Continue to add improvements to Facebook and website.
Correspondence/Communications/Petitions – Nothing at this time.
Commissioner Remarks –
Commissioner Saari asked about the acoustic panels for the room, Division Street handicap parking, and about help for Unplug & Play.
President Sim stated that she would be hosting a fun run on June 21. Short Run on a Long Day.
With no other business, President Sim asked for a motion to adjourn.
Motion to adjourn at 7:13 p.m. by VanOvermeiren, 2nd by Schwiesow. Roll call vote, VanOvermeiren – yes, Schwiesow – yes, Saari – yes, Ziems – yes, Sim – yes. Motion carried.
Respectfully Submitted by:
Kelly J. LaMore, Park Manager