2023.07.11 Board Meeting Minutes
Peotone Park District Tuesday, July 11, 2023
Board Members Present – Barb Sim, Shaun Ziems, Jackie VanOvermeiren, Aimee Saari Staff Present – Kelly LaMore, Jeff Eschbach
The meeting was called to order by President Sim at 6:00 p.m. Quorum was present.
Motion to approve minutes of the April 11 board meeting by Ziems, second by VanOvermeiren. Roll call vote – Ziems – yes, VanOvermeiren – yes, Saari – yes, Sim – yes.
Motion to approve minutes of the June 13 board meeting by Ziems, second by VanOvermeiren. Roll call vote – Ziems – yes, VanOvermeiren – yes, Saari – yes, Sim – yes.
Public Comment – No public comment.
Financial Report – President Sim reported the annual financial report will be done by the August board meeting.
Compliance Legal – Nothing at this time.
Maintenance Report – Jeff updated the board on several projects. Discussion was held on the maintenance yard addition that was approved in July. Need to get mulch for the playground. Discussion held on mulching around trees.
Managers Report – Kelly reported that it has been a busy programming month. Registration for programs is going very well. There are 10 campers registered for Discovery Camp that starts July 17. Two counselors have been hired. Unplug & Play is coming up. There are 26 kids signed up for the Kilbelkis basketball camp.
Commissioner Schwiesow entered the meeting at 6:22.
Accounts Payable and Payroll – President Sim referred to the 1st payment to Lincoln Way Special Recreation because it was higher than anticipated. Kelly and Barb will meet and discuss.
Motion to approve by Ziems, second by Schwiesow.
Roll call vote – Ziems – yes, Scjwiesow – yes, VanOvermeiren – yes, Saari – yes, Sim – yes. Motion carried.
Old Business –
- New Programs – Will start working on fall programs soon.
- Capital Improvements – Discussion held on capital monies available for projects.
- Authorize Repairs/upgrades to park facilities – Discussion held on resurfacing of the basketball courts.
Motion to approve quote from USTA for $24,000 for resurfacing of the basketball courts by Ziems, second by VanOvermeiren. Roll call vote – Ziems – yes, VanOvermeiren – yes, Saari – yes, Schwiesow – yes, Sim – yes. Motion carried.
- Authorize repairs/upgrades to park equipment – no report
New Business –
- Bate Park Agreement with Aqua Illinois – No update.
- Approval/Review of Employee Pay – Board will move to closed session for discussion.
- Email quarterly newsletter to program participants – Discussion held on emailing Out of District residents the program flyer. Kelly will work with Chris on the website for this.
- Changes to Park District Pavilion Rental Hours – Discussion was held. No changes will take place at this time.
Correspondence/Communications/Petitions – President Sim received some correspondence regarding the pond. The pond has recently been treated.
Commissioner Remarks – Nothing at this time.
President Sim motioned to adjourn to closed session, second by Ziems. Roll call vote, VanOvermeiren – yes, Ziems – yes, Schwiesow – yes, Saari – yes, Sim – yes. Motion carried.
Motion to reconvene by President Sim , second by Van Overmeiren. Voice vote. Motion carried.
Motion to adjourn the July board meeting at 7:54 P.M by Ziems , 2nd by Van Overmeiren . Roll call vote, VanOvermeiren – yes, Schwiesow – yes, Saari – yes, Ziems – yes, Sim – yes.
Respectfully Submitted by: Kelly J. LaMore, Park Manager