2023.08.23 Board Meeting Minutes
Peotone Park District
Tuesday, August 8, 2023
Board Members Present – Barb Sim, Jackie VanOvermeiren, Aimee Saari
Staff Present – Kelly LaMore, Jeff Eschbach
The meeting was called to order by President Sim at 6:03 p.m. Quorum was present.
Motion to approve minutes of the July board meeting by Sim, second by VanOvermeiren. Roll call vote VanOvermeiren – yes, Saari – yes, Sim – yes. Motion carried.
Public Comment – No public comment.
Financial Report – Annual report is complete and will be submitted to the paper. LWSRA amount is more than anticipated.
Compliance Legal – Commissioner Sim, Commissioner Saari and Kelly will meet with representatives from the school district on Wednesday. Commissioner Sim spoke with Britt Hitchins regarding tax rates.
Maintenance Report – Jeff reported that the sand volleyball courts are almost complete. He is going to need assistance with the installation of the climber due to the size. College kids are done this week, Joe will be coming back to mow.
Managers Report – Kelly reported that summer programs are wrapping up, most programs went well including Discovery Camp which had 10 participants. We are hosting a Disc Golf Tournament with KADGA on October 1. She is also working on the restroom grant, IMRF, and fall programs.
Commissioner Ziems entered the meeting at 6:30 p.m.
Accounts Payable and Payroll –
Motion to approve by Ziems, second by Saari. Roll call vote – Ziems – yes, Saari – yes, VanOvermeiren – yes, Sim – yes. Motion carried.
Old Business –
- New Programs – Fall program flyers will go to print next week.
- Capital Improvements – Discussion held on possible playground equipment additions.
- Authorize Repairs/upgrades to park facilities – Nothing at this time.
- Authorize repairs/upgrades to park equipment – Jeff reported there is a problem with the truck that will need attention.
New Business –
- Bate Park Agreement with Aqua Illinois – President Sim spoke with Angi Serafini from Aqua. They have not made a decision.
- Motion to approve and authorize filing annual financial report by VanOvermeiren, 2nd by Ziems. Roll call vote, VanOvermeiren – Yes, Ziems – Yes, Saari – Yes, Sim – Yes. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve and publish funds statement by VanOvermeiren, 2nd by Ziems. Roll call vote, VanOvermeiren – Yes, Ziems – Yes, Saari – Yes, Sim – Yes. Motion carried.
- Levy ordinance action tabled.
Correspondence/Communications/Petitions – The park district received a thank you note from the Mercer family.
Commissioner Remarks – Nothing at this time.
President Sim motioned to adjourn to closed session, second by Ziems. Roll call vote, VanOvermeiren – yes, Ziems – yes, Schwiesow – yes, Saari – yes, Sim – yes. Motion carried.
Motion to adjourn the July board meeting at 7:02p.m. by VanOvermeiren, 2nd by Ziems. Voice vote, motion carried.
Respectfully Submitted by:
Kelly J. LaMore, Park Manager